Friday, November 7, 2014

Two Weeks Post Op

I am officially two weeks post-op. I am feeling better than I thought I would be two weeks out, but that also scares me too. I know that I am still healing and that things are still growing and repairing and I'm petrified I am going to feel good, overdo something, and tear or pull something!
I had a minor “overdo” this evening when I stood up/turned too quickly without realizing it. I got the stabbing pain in my forehead but instead of residing, it lingered and that scared me! Also I was (probably a little too) optimistic that I would never feel that pain again. So then I started panicking a little and my neck started hurting. I just freaked and though AH I have torn my dural patch and I'm going to leak out! Well, I took a hot shower, with my husband to help wash and massage my head to help me calm and relax (no frisky business!) That did wonders and I calmed down, took one of my pain pills and I felt fine. I relaxed in the recliner with a heating pad on my shoulders because they've been tense with trying to stretch and turn, etc. Lesson learned---slow down!
I am so thrilled to have my mom here with us. It's a beautiful mix of feeling like a kid again with your mommy here and your best friend moving in with you for a little while. We've not “done” a lot, but it's been great to just sit here and play word games and talk all the time. Luckily the hubs has his man-cave and football season to keep him out of the “hen-house.” It's the most time I have got to spend with my momma since I moved out at 18 for college!
We are planning on doing a craft show on Saturday with my dad helping us set up because I'm not exactly great at lifting or moving (4 pounds is really not much!) I've made some cute twine stars, mason jar lumineers, and hand-painted signs. Mom has some signs, jewelry, and wreaths. I'm going to be spending the weekend there after stopping to get the stitches out and hopefully have my PCP refill or give me new meds. I'm not a huge fan of the Percocet. I just don't like the addictiveness of it as well as having it in our house at all! I feel like Tramadol works just as well for me and it's less scary in my opinion. The Valium works well as a muscle relaxer, but I'm not picky with that, as long as it's something to relax the muscles (I'd be okay with Icy-Hot if it weren't for the giant open wound!)
I just have to keep reminding myself---two weeks ago, someone was tickling your brain! Slow down! I also really enjoyed reading the term “zipper-head!”That made me giggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment