Monday, November 17, 2014

24 Days Post Op

24 Days Post-Op (I don't know how many "days" I count):

I've been good today. It's really been a roller coaster that I wasn't expecting. Yesterday was awful. I just felt crappy. I slept a lot. I cried for really no reason. I didn't really hurt but I was just miserable. Today, I've been good, happy, making things, etc. and only hurting a little.

I fully expected the pain and stiffness. I knew that it would take time for me to regain my motions and things. I did not expect to be so tired. I didn't expect to have to sit down for half an hour after walking to the mailbox. I didn't expect to be exhausted from sewing a little. I didn't expect to be so stinking tired. I just got up and went to water the dogs (two dogs, indoors, food & water bowls about 20 feet away.) I feel like I walked to the neighbors and back.

I am very proud of myself for being dressed in real clothing for over 12 hours today... Okay, almost 12 hours, closer to 10-but I'm still proud! It's just sheer exhaustion! My incision is completely healed and the hair is covering the hair part. Mom made me a super cute winter headband that is extra wide in the back. Living in Ohio gets cold for about 6 months. Cold air blowing onto my incision site feels like icy air being blown down my spine. It's the weirdest thing to explain but it's even weirder to experience. So the extra wide head band keeps the air from hitting it.

I had a little bit of a headache yesterday. I'm guessing it's what a regular headache is supposed to feel like, but I don't remember how that feels. I haven't had a real headache since the surgery. I also haven't had the shooting stabs with the exception of once. But that is once in like 25 days! I still have the heartbeat in my ear and the shooting numbness when I walk hard or jolt. I have about 90% of my range back and feel pretty good.


I am hoping that the decompression and laminectomy will regulate my hormones and improve conception. It definitely seems to be messing with me! 

Anyways, the picture is actually from yesterday---it's a lot of work to get a good picture back there by yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment