Sunday, October 19, 2014

T Minus 5 days

Today is t-minus 5 days until my surgery! I am so excited and I am ready (metaphorically-I don't have everything ready yet though.) I know recovery is going to probably be slower than I'm used to going, but I am looking forward to standing up without feeling like my head might pop off. I also have trust and comfort that I know God is always by my side and will never leave me.

I have found that once I gave up the false idea that I am in control, I have so much peace and comfort. Day in and day out, I trust that He is with me and guiding my actions, words, and thoughts. I know that everything will work out just right because He doesn't make mistakes. So bring on this Chiari Malformation and watch us turn it all around!

I think for me, the most stressful part is not knowing how to plan the days and weeks after. For instance, am I going to need help nearly 24-7, will I be able to get up and walk around by myself, will I need someone with me most of the times, will I be groggy and sleepy a lot, will I have a lot of medications to keep track of, etc. Also, remembering to get everything I need to pack and take and do beforehand.

I did manage to get my craft room cleaned so there's a far less risk of breaking my neck when I walk in there! I also cleaned up the porch and patio. I've already decided that I'm probably not going to sleep Thursday night. I will be excited anyways, but I also can't take any of my meds. I'm just hoping it won't be at 6am or in the same breath, nor at 2pm. I'm hoping for just normal morning hours.


So far, my key 'remember' items are green blood transfusion band, phone charger, and comfy pajamas/clothes! Three days of work that are probably going to CRAWL

No comments:

Post a Comment